Please check the following web pages below for up to date information on the latest security alerts and advisories.
BMC Unique Password Security Feature, November 2019
Supermicro will begin implementing a new security feature for the BMC firmware stack on all new X10, X11, H11, H12, and all future generation Supermicro products. Supermicro will introduce BMC unique password.View details
Intel Platform Update (IPU) Update 2019.2, November 2019
This update applies to the X10, and X11 families of products powered by Intel Xeon® processors. Intel Platform Update (IPU) combines the delivery of security updates that may have been previously provided individually.
- Intel-SA-00164 – Intel® Trusted Execution Technology 2019.2 IPU Advisory
- Intel-SA-00219 – Intel® SGX 2019.2 with Intel® Processor Graphics IPU Update Advisory
- Intel-SA-00220 – Intel® SGX and Intel® TXT Advisory
- Intel-SA-00240 – Intel CPU Local Privilege Escalation Advisory
- Intel-SA-00241 – Intel® CSME, Server Platform Services, Trusted Execution Engine, Intel® Active Management Technology and Dynamic Application Loader 2019.2 IPU Advisory
- Intel-SA-00254 – Intel® System Management Mode 2019.2 IPU Advisory
- Intel-SA-00260 – Intel® Processor Graphics 2019.2 IPU Advisory
- Intel-SA-00270 – TSX Transaction Asynchronous Abort Advisory
- Intel-SA-00271 – Voltage Modulation Technical Advisory
- Intel-SA-00280 – BIOS 2019.2 IPU Advisory
BMC/IPMI Security Vulnerability Update September 3, 2019
Researchers have identified several security related issues on the Virtual Media function of Supermicro BMCs that requires a BMC firmware update to address.
AMD Security Vulnerability: Secure Encrypted Virtualization Invalid ECC Curve Points (SEV ECC) in Linux Operating System vulnerability
Intel Security Vulnerability regarding Rowhammer style attack to leak information from certain DRAM modules
Intel-SA-00247 (CVE-2019-0174)View details
Intel Quarterly Security Release (QSR) Update 2019.1, May 2019
This update applies to the X8, X9, X10, and X11 families of products powered by Intel Xeon® processors. Quarterly Security Release (QSR) combines the delivery of security updates that may have been previously provided individually.
- INTEL-SA-00213 (CVE-2019-0089, CVE-2019-0090, CVE-2019-0086, CVE-2019-0091, CVE-2019-0092, CVE-2019-0093, CVE-2019-0094, CVE-2019-0096, CVE-2019-0097, CVE-2019-0098, CVE-2019-0099, CVE-2019-0153, CVE-2019-0170)
- INTEL-SA-00223 BIOS Not Affected
- INTEL-SA-00213(CVE-2018-12126, CVE-2018-12127, CVE-2018-12130, CVE-2019-11091)
BIOS updates for these issues are rolling out now. View the details below for impacted products and necessary BIOS updates.
Intel Quarterly Security Release (QSR) Update 2018.4, March 2019
This update applies only to the X11 family of products powered by Intel Xeon® processors. Quarterly Security Release (QSR) combines the delivery of security updates that may have been previously provided individually.
- INTEL-SA-00185 (CVE-2018-12188, CVE-2018-12189, CVE-2018-12190, CVE-2018-12191, CVE-2018-12192, CVE-2018-12199, CVE-2018-12198, CVE-2018-12200, CVE-2018-12187, CVE-2018-12196, CVE-2018-12185, CVE-2018-12208)
- INTEL-SA-00191 (CVE-2018-12201, CVE-2018-12202, CVE-2018-12203, CVE-2018-12205, CVE-2018-12204)
"Spoiler": New research Article on speculative execution in Intel processorsView details
Baseboard Management Controller (BMC) Security Vulnerabilities regarding systems using the ASPEED AST2400 and AST2500 system-on-chips (SoCs)
Cryptographic Signed BMC Firmware
- Security functionality to cryptographically sign the BMC Firmware and BIOS
Spectre and Meltdown Side Channel Speculative Execution
- Intel SA-00115 (CVE-2018-3639, CVE-2018-3640)
- Intel-SA-00088 (CVE-2017-5715, CVE-2017-5753, CVE-2017-5754)
- Intel-SA-00161 (CVE-2018-3615, CVE-2018-3620, CVE-2018-3646)
Intel Security Vulnerabilities Regarding Intel® Management Engine (ME), Intel® Server Platform Services (SPS), and Intel® Trusted Execution Engine (TXE)
- Intel-SA-00086 (CVE-2017-5705, CVE-2017-5708, CVE-2017-5711, CVE-2017-5712, CVE-2017-5706, CVE-2017-5709, CVE-2017-5707, CVE-2017-571000)